Yay! It’s autumn! Leaves on the ground, a chill in the air and a yummy pudding for your tummy.
I like to keep my baking really simple because I do not excel at it. I’ve lost count of the amount of desserts I’ve tried to make and they have turned out as a pile of slop. Tasty slop mind.
Ingredients for filling:
- 5 stems of fresh rhubarb or a bag of frozen. (I used the last of my home grown stuff.)
- 1 apple, diced. (You can peel if you like, but I’m not fancy.)
- A handful of frozen strawberries.
- 1 TBSP sugar.
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- 1 TSP all spice
- 1 TSP ground cloves
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TSP vegetable oil
Ingredients for topping:
- Enough plain flour to cover the filling, depending on what size dish you are using. (I used about 400 grams.)
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 2 TBSP semi-solid coconut oil or vegan butter.
- 1 TSP almond extract
- 1 TSP good quality vanilla extract
- Heat up a pan with the vegetable oil.
- Fry the chopped rhubarb and apple for 2 minutes before adding the sugar.
- Stir continuously until the sugar and oil start to form a caramel.
- Now add the spices and maple syrup. Mix to insure everything is fully covered and turn off the pan.
- Add the frozen strawberries at this point but don’t mix in.
- Pour into a baking dish and turn on the oven to pre-heat.
- Now get all the topping ingredients and place in a large bowl.
- Rub the mixture through your finger and thumb, to create breadcrumbs.
- Distribute the crumb over the top of the fruit mixture and place in the oven on a medium heat for about 25 minutes.
- Serve either on it’s own or with vegan ice cream.
Certainly not healthy, but bloody tasty. Get it in your face.