The below table explains perfectly how I feel about exercise and what has been working for me for about a year now.
High intensity cardio:
- Interval and circuit training
- Mountain biking
- Fast paced swimming
Strength and core training, Weight Lifting and Plyometric Exercise
- Yoga and Pilates for strength
- Core exercises like planks, crunches etc.
- Weight lifting such as bicep curls, squats, pull-ups, dips, bench press etc.
- Burpees, mountain climbers, ninja jumps and bear crawls etc.
- Whole foods and natural foods to be eaten whilst eliminating processed, in packet foods.
- Whole grains like brown rice, millet, amaranth, and quinoa are great as unrefined carbohydrates. You should avoid all refined carbohydrates such as white bread and white pasta.
- The more raw fruit and veg you can eat, the better.
- Lessen your intake of fat, salt and sugar. This becomes easier when you cut out all processed foods.
- Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day, keeping your blood sugar steady. (I like 3 meals with 2 large snacks.)
- Just drink water, smoothies and homemade juices / not from concentrate juices. (Lots and lots of water.)
- Don’t eat things which are full of growth hormones, adrenaline, mercury, saturated fat, cholesterol and nasty antibiotics. (Meat, fish, shell fish, poultry, game, dairy, eggs etc etc.)
- Get active. Not only does it decrease fat, strengthen and build muscle, and help you burn more energy at rest, it keeps your heart, lungs, and bones healthy and strong.
In summary, a plant based clean vegan diet will fuel you through the top two tiers. What you eat is 70% of the effort required. Don’t make it a diet, make it a lifestyle change and never look back.
Here’s a typical 2 day’s food:
|Protein shake||Protein shake|
|Nakd Bar||Banana and orange|
|Spiced Eggplant-Lentil Salad with Mango||Tofu and broccoli stir-fry with rice noodles|
|Banana and peanut butter||Baby carrots with hummus|
|Kale, avocado, tomato and courgette salad||Bean chilli with cauliflower mash|
Please feel free to ask any questions!