Anyone who reads this blog will know there aren’t many sweet recipes on here. Why? I am simply rubbish at baking. Occasionally I hit a good recipe though and this is one of them. This is my take on a baked lime cheesecake.
1 pot of plain vegan cream cheese (I used Toffuti.)
The juice and zest of one lime.
Half a pack Hob Knob biscuits.
Half a mug of sugar (More if it’s to your taste.)
It’s that easy!
- Get the oven on to heat up. About 200 degrees should do it.
- Empty half a pack of hob knobs into a plastic food bag and tie up. Beat with a rolling pin until they form a fine crumb.
- Spread your crumb in the dish you want to bake your cheesecake in. I used a small Victoria sponge tin.
- Pour the remaining ingredients in your food processor and mix until a sweet paste has formed. Add more sugar and lime to taste. A drop of vanilla essence could also do wonders here.
- Spread thickly over the biscuit base.
- Bake for 45 minutes checking regularly to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Leave to cool then place in the fridge to set before serving.
- Take to your newbie vegan friend’s house and show them that they can still have cheesecake. 😉
Serve with vegan ice cream to be extra naughty. 😉