I don’t very often cook with pastry. It’s far too much like baking for me. However with the availability of fresh vegan pastry now widespread, I thought I’d give it a go.
- 1 packet of JusRol fresh filo pastry
- Poppy seeds
- 5 small new potatoes
- 1 carrot, peeleds
- A small handful of curly kale
- Caramelised red onion chutney
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 block of Violife vegan cheese, grated
- Get the oven on a medium heat.
- Dice the potatoes and carrots and place in a pan of water, allowing to boil before turning the heat off.
- Heat a pan, drain the potatoes and carrots and place in the pan with the kale and chutney.
- Stir in the herbs and spices. Stir occasionally until the potatoes and carrots are soft.
- Roll out the pastry and cut into squares. Place a large spoonful of the pan mixture into the centre of the square and top with cheese.
- Fold the edges up over the mixture and sprinkle with poppy seeds. (You should have enough for four large parcels.)
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with ketchup.
If you want to make your pastry, feel free. This isn’t Masterchef so I’ll take that short cut. 🙂
Blogs on Mushroom Laksa and The Vegan Police coming soon.