I got the idea for these bad bois from a random internet meme. I saw them and instantly thought, “this needs to be vegan!” Here’s the easy peasy veganised version for your taste buds pleasure! 🙂
Get the oven on at full whack!
Now cut circles from one of your wholemeal wraps to make a base. If you have pastry cutters that would be great, I don’t. I used the bottom of a tin which just happened to be the exact right size.
Now place the bases in a muffin tin and place about a teaspoon of tomato puree in each.
Fill each tin with the pre-grated Toffuti Mozzarella and VBites pepperoni style slices. (Chopped.)
Then place them in the oven for 15 minutes before checking them. The cheese should be nice and melted by this point and you just need to brown off the top for another 5 minutes. Once cooked serve with a nice fresh salad.
These are perfect for parties because you can literally eat them in a couple of bites, but the flavour is still really intense.
If you’re not vegan already, please consider going vegan. It’s the least you can do for the animals, for your health and for the environment.
Find out more at:
Things don’t always have to be complicated to be amazing. Sometimes the most simple of ingredients thrown together can create an explosion of flavour in your mouth that you thought you might never be able to create.
A lot of people think that as a vegan you always have to make everything from scratch too. Well that is a big fat lie! The stars of this dish are the pre-made ingredients you can see below:
The ingredients themselves are pretty simple too:
- A teaspoon of dried thyme.
- A good few twists of black pepper.
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- A whole pack of pre-diced and smoked beetroot.
- 3/4 pack of baby leaf spinach.
- 1 teaspoon of olive or rapeseed oil.
- 1 whole pack of VBites beef style roast chopped into slices.
- 2 tablespoons of your favourite sweet chutney.
This recipe will make enough for two hungry post-workout adults. 😉
- Get the oven on it’s top heat, whatever that is for you.
- Place the balsamic vinegar, oil and beef style pieces in a baking tray and mix together so that the flavours start to soak into the “meat.”
- Now mix in the chutney making sure every single slice is smothered in it. Use more that 2 tablespoons if need be.
- Place that deliciousness in the oven for 10 minutes. (Keep an eye on it because the chutney burns easily.)
- In the mean time mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and chop them down with a large pair of scissors to give it a shredded salad feel. (You won’t need any dressing. The “beef” will dress the entire thing.)
- When 10 minutes has passed, remove the roasting mix from the oven and combine with the salad you just made.
- Serve that baby hot and maybe with a pinch of dried chilli on top. 🙂