On occasion I will allow myself some type of mock meat, mainly because it’s damn tasty and adds a different type of texture to food. The mock chicken or as I like to call it: chikyn, is Asda’s own brand and can be found in the frozen vegetarian food section.
½ a courgette chopped into half moons
¼ of a bag of frozen chikyn
A handful of fresh peas
A handful of popped amaranth
A few strips of dulse, chopped.
A handful of fresh baby leaf spinach
1tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Hemp oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c.
- Place the chopped courgette and chikyn into a baking tray and drizzle with some sunflower oil. Then place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the rest of the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- When courgettes and chikyn are cooked, allow to cool slightly before mixing in the salad.
- To make the dressing: Mix dressing ingredients in a small glass and then drizzle over the salad.
This is filling enough to be a main meal or a large lunch. You know what they say: a large green salad a day keeps the doctor away. Well this one should because it is full of vitamin C, protein, B12, calcium and iron.