This is kinda like a comfort food and salad all in one and it certainly hits the spot.
I think we should always aim to get the most out of each meal nutrition wise, but I was a bit short on the green stuff. So if you have a fridge or freezer full of greens, get them in there too. I’d recommend mange tout, broccoli or kale.
- Two large handfuls of green beans. (Mine were frozen.)
- Half a cucumber, sliced thinly.
- 1 white onion, diced.
- Half a packet of wholewheat spaghetti or rice noodles.
- 1 teaspoon of dried chili flakes.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar.
- 1 teaspoons agave nectar.
- The juice of half a lemon.
- 3 tablespoons of toasted sesame oil.
- 2 tablespoons of flaked almonds or crushed peanuts. (I used almonds.)
Get yourself a large mixing bowl. Place the diced onion, chili flakes, soy sauce, rice vinegar, agave nectar, lemon juice, toasted sesame oil and almonds in the bowl and mix together with a fork. Place to one side to allow the flavours to infuse.
Get a large pan of water on the boil and place the spaghetti in to cook for about 10 minutes or whatever the packet instructions recommend.
In the meantime, steam the green beans for about 8 minutes.
Drain both the green beans and spaghetti and place in a large serving dish, mixing together.
Now add the dressing and mix through thoroughly.
Now add the cucumber and mix again. (You add the cucumber last so that it doesn’t go soggy.)
You can then season with whatever herbs you like. I used coriander.
There’s enough for 3 to 4 adults. 🙂
You can connect with Queer Vegan on social media too.