It’s really hot in the UK right now. Like, we are literally having a heatwave. This is unusual for us so of course I need to make something yummy and refreshing to deal with the heat.
A chocolate mousse garnished with orange and lime sounds perfect.
This is really easy to make which is great for me because I am absolutely rubbish when it comes to sweet food.
Here’s the ingredients:
1 avocado, peeled
A shot glass full of soya milk
2 tablespoons of coco powder
Here’s what you do:
Blend it all together
Put in fridge for about 5 hours
Garnish with lime and orange
Eat in your garden in the sun
Feed to your Beard.
With this little treat you get good fats without tasting the avocado at all. If it’s not sweet enough for you, you can always add a teaspoon of agave nectar, golden syrup or sugar. I liked it just the way it is.
Enjoy friends and remember to stay hydrated in this heat.
Anyone who reads this blog will know there aren’t many sweet recipes on here. Why? I am simply rubbish at baking. Occasionally I hit a good recipe though and this is one of them. This is my take on a baked lime cheesecake.
As normal my adventures in baking are never pretty, but this one tastes amazing!
1 pot of plain vegan cream cheese (I used Toffuti.)
The juice and zest of one lime.
Half a pack Hob Knob biscuits.
Half a mug of sugar (More if it’s to your taste.)
It’s that easy!
- Get the oven on to heat up. About 200 degrees should do it.
- Empty half a pack of hob knobs into a plastic food bag and tie up. Beat with a rolling pin until they form a fine crumb.
- Spread your crumb in the dish you want to bake your cheesecake in. I used a small Victoria sponge tin.
- Pour the remaining ingredients in your food processor and mix until a sweet paste has formed. Add more sugar and lime to taste. A drop of vanilla essence could also do wonders here.
- Spread thickly over the biscuit base.
- Bake for 45 minutes checking regularly to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Leave to cool then place in the fridge to set before serving.
- Take to your newbie vegan friend’s house and show them that they can still have cheesecake. 😉
Serve with vegan ice cream to be extra naughty. 😉