Whenever I have people over, I always provide food for two reasons:
1) I’m a good host and I like my guests to be comfortable in my house.
2) It promotes veganism and that is always a good thing.
I had my niece around just before Christmas. She isn’t vegan and isn’t a particularly adventurous eater. The only thing on my platter she had had before was the BBQ sauce.
I made the guacamole myself using avocado, lime juice, salt, chilli and garlic and a blender. The BBQ sauce was shop bought.
I then baked Vegi Deli chicken style pieces in Jamaican All Spice and sautéed the aubergine in salt and garam masala until soft.
The whole lot took me about 20 minutes. Guess what? She loved it!
Simple and tasty vegan food wins the day again.
Queer Vegan now has an Instagram page too. Check it out! Queervegan666
This is total comfort food for when those spring evenings aren’t quite warm enough yet. It’s also a budget meal with just a few ingredients and herbs that you can make with what you have in a standard vegan cupboard. If you’re not vegan yet, perhaps you should visit http://www.whyveganism.com and get on that shit, right now! 😀
3 large aubergines
1 glug of olive oil
2 red onions
3 garlic cloves
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
Salt and pepper to season
1/4 tub of nutritional yeast
1) Slice the aubergine into quite thick slices and rub with salt and pepper. (Aubergine tends to be quite watery and you want it to absorb all the tomatoey goodness.)
2) Place in layers in a a lasagne dish.
3) Now mix the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. (Except the nutritional yeast.) Leave to marinate for 10 minutes whilst you heat the oven.
4) Now pour over the aubergine dish and sprinkle all of the nutritional yeast on the top.
5) Bake for 40 minutes.
6) Serve with new potatoes or a crisp salad.