This is total comfort food for when those spring evenings aren’t quite warm enough yet. It’s also a budget meal with just a few ingredients and herbs that you can make with what you have in a standard vegan cupboard. If you’re not vegan yet, perhaps you should visit http://www.whyveganism.com and get on that shit, right now! 😀
3 large aubergines
1 glug of olive oil
2 red onions
3 garlic cloves
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
Salt and pepper to season
1/4 tub of nutritional yeast
1) Slice the aubergine into quite thick slices and rub with salt and pepper. (Aubergine tends to be quite watery and you want it to absorb all the tomatoey goodness.)
2) Place in layers in a a lasagne dish.
3) Now mix the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. (Except the nutritional yeast.) Leave to marinate for 10 minutes whilst you heat the oven.
4) Now pour over the aubergine dish and sprinkle all of the nutritional yeast on the top.
5) Bake for 40 minutes.
6) Serve with new potatoes or a crisp salad.