Everyone loves a good curry right? Well let us make a healthy and tasty alternative to the traditional takeaway. ð
2 mugs of brown rice
A can of chic peas
A large handful of fresh baby leaf spinach
2 white onions
5 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon mild curry powder
1 can of chopped tomatoes
- Get the rice in a pan and pour over some water. Boil and then simmer for 30 minutes. (Rice always takes AGES.) Drain and plate up.
- In the meantime (like the 30 mins it’s gonna take the rice to cook) chop the onions and garlic and fry in a little oil.
- Add all the spices, salt and a sprinkle of chili flakes to your flavour choice.
- Now drain your chic peas and add to the pan. Mix well with the spices to ensure that they are full coated.
- Next, add your fresh spinach and stir into your curry mixture until it starts to wilt.
- Finally add your can of chopped tomatoes and heat through adding salt if required.
- Serve with fresh coriander and shop brought mango chutney.
Please enjoy responsibly! ð
One thought on “Chickpea Balti”
Nice one. Looks yummy
Regards, Mirza Ashraf