Sometimes to be healthy it’s all about taking it back to basics. Here’s one of my favourite and very basic recipes that is guaranteed to fill you up and not break the bank.
A whole pack of mushrooms
2 sticks of celery
2 cloves of garlic
A mug of brown rice
A mug of red lentils
- Place the lentils and brown rice in a pan of boiling water and cook for 30 minutes on a medium heat.
- In the meantime, cut, chop and peel all of your vegetables.
- Place in a hot pan without oil and stir constantly for 10 minutes so that they do not stick.
- Turn the heat off and allow to cool, whilst you wait for the rice and lentils.
- When the rice and lentils are nearly done, crank up the vegetable pan again.
- Drain and rinse the rice and lentils and place at the bottom of a bowl. Top with your steaming hot vegetables.
- Sprinkle with chilli flakes, fresh coriander and soy sauce for some epic flavour.
500 calories, low fat and high fibre – not that us vegans really worry about fibre! 😉
That recipe will serve two adults.