Do you know what? Sometimes I’m flicking channels on my TV and I come across something ridiculous like, “Man Vs Food.” I often sit there and think, “well that would easily be veganised.” So that is exactly what I have done.
I searched around for the perfect vegan burger patty when I suddenly realised that the most perfect were the cheapest ones available because they most resemble the cheap meat put into non-vegan burgers. The 99p pack of four Holland & Barrett burgers. 🙂
4 vegan burger patties, defrosted
2 large burger buns
1 block of Cheezley mozzarella style, sliced very thinly
- Get your oven on and up to full whack.
- Slice your potatoes into wedges and place in a baking tray. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and a dash of oil.
- Place chips into the oven and cook for 35 minutes.
- Get your four defrosted patties and lay them out on a chopping board.
- Push down on them with the palm of your hand so that they stretch outwards, but not too thinly.
- Place some thinly sliced cheez on one patty and then place the other patty on top.
- Crimp the edges with your fingers so there are no gaps.
- Do this so the four patties turn into two cheese stuffed burgers.
- Heat some oil in a pan (there isn’t enough fat in the burgers and they will stick to the pan otherwise.)
- Place burgers in pan for about ten minutes, flipping every couple of minutes so each side gets nice and brown and that the cheez melts all the way through.
- Serve in a nice big burger bun with tons of ketchup and your home cooked chips!
Not healthy in the slightest, but it bloody well had to be done! 😀