This is a dish I have been making for years. It’s really simple and totally yummy! 🙂
Firstly you’re gonna need some ingredients:
* Two handfuls of red lentils
* 800 grams of chopped tomatoes
* 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
* 1 can of coconut milk
* 2 cubes of vegetable stock
* 2 white onions
* 1 tablespoon of garam masala, cayenne pepper and cumin (each)
1) Heat some oil in a large pan. I used a wok because this makes plenty.
2) Now add in your two chopped onions and garlic. Give it a good stir to cover everything in the oil.
3) Turn the heat off and place the red lentils in the pan. Mix through thoroughly adding all the spices as you go.
4) Now add the whole can of coconut milk and again mix and stir through. (Turn the heat back on now.)
5) Open and pour the chopped tomatoes into the pan.
6) Place your stock cubes in the pan, add half a pint of cold water and again mix through.
7) Turn the heat right down to it’s lowest and stir the pan every few minutes for about 20-30 minutes, or until a good chunk of the liquid has been absorbed.
8) Serve with garlic and parsley vegan buttered chapatis.