This is a leaner version of a creamy chicken salad, especially if you can get reduced fat vegan mayonnaise. I used to really enjoy creamy foods before I went vegan, so it was great news to me that this can be achieved with lower fat, high protein and by not harming any animals. What a result ay?
* Two romaine lettuces.
* Fresh or tinned pineapple cut into triangles.
* Half a jar of reduced fat, egg free mayonnaise. (If you can get garlic mayo, even better.)
* Fresh or dried parsley, chopped finely.
* A large handful of walnuts
* A can of chic peas or 300g of sprouted chic peas.
Rinse the chic peas under the cold tap
Add the mayonniase
Combine together with a spoon or a fork and add in the parsley.
Leave to stand for a few minutes to allow the flavours to mix. In the meantime chop your romaine lettuce using scissors if possible to trim the leaves down to a reasonable size.
Place the lettuce on a plate, then spoon the creamy mixture on top. Now grab your pineapple and walnuts and sprinkle over the top. How easy was that? Dig in!