This recipe is from the glorious book, Veganomicon. If you’re vegan and you don’t have this book, GET IT! It’s amazing!
This dish makes enough for four people because both Mykey and I had it for dinner and then had it for lunch the next day.
- 3 teaspoons of oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 chilli peppers, minced (I used jalapenos.)
- 1/2 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 a teaspoon of turmeric, cinnamon, cumin, coriander and salt
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder (I went for a medium spice)
- 2 big handfuls of red lentils, rinsed
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 3/4 of a head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- In a large pan heat your oil.
- Saute the onion for about 4 minutes.
- Add the grated ginger and chilli and stir for another minute.
- Add the spices, parsnip, lentils and cauliflower and stir briskly for another minute.
- Add vegetable stock and mix in.
- Allow to cook on a gentle heat for 30 minutes stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes to allow for the flavors to meld.
- Sprinkle with some lime juice and serve.