This dish is brilliant for protein, iron and calcium. I often eat this as a post workout meal You can also make it raw by sprouting the chic peas and not cooking the spinach or red pepper.
- Either a can or 400g of soaked chic peas.
- A whole red bell pepper, chopped.
- A handful of washed baby leaf spinach.
- 1 Tsp. olive oil.
- 1 Tsp of parsley, basil and sea salt.
- Heat chic peas in water for 10 minutes if from a can and 20 minutes if soaked.
- Fry the red pepper and baby leaf spinach in the olive oil for 5/6 minutes.
- Drain the chic peas and mix in with the pepper and spinach.
- Add parsley, basil and sea salt.
- Serve warm or cold for lunch the next day.