Sometimes you just haven’t got time to make something decent, but you still want to be relatively healthy. This is where noodles come in. I often make my noodle dishes out of spiralised courgettes or carrots for a lower carb version, but this particular meal was eaten at lunchtime with a big cardio session completed in the evening.
- Noodles (I got these mock egg noodles from my local oriental supermarket, however rice or soba noodles will work just as well.)
- A handful of peas.
- One whole tomato, chopped.
- Five mushrooms, sliced.
- A handful of bean sprouts.
- One Linda McCartney sausage, chopped. (You may have to heat it slightly to get it to do this.)
- Soy sauce.
- 1 tsp. sesame oil.
- Place some sesame oil in a wok and allow to heat.
- Add chopped mushrooms, sausage and tomato and stir for roughly 3 minutes.
- Then add the noodles, bean sprouts and peas and mix in for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat right down and sprinkle with soy sauce before serving straight away.