- A whole mango, peeled and de-seeded.
- A large handful of dessicated coconut (or fresh, chopped coconut if you want to make this raw.)
- 5 tablespoons of cooked quinoa (or sprouted if you want to make it raw.)
- A teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- A teaspoon of hemp oil.
- A teaspoon of milled flaxseed.
- If you have cooked your quinoa (20 mins in boiling water), let this cool first.
- Place all ingredients into a high powered food processor and blend until a relatively smooth, but not liquid consistency has been achieved.
- Pour into cupcake holders to serve.
This recipe makes four energy bombs. I tend to eat one straight away and freeze the rest. They will last for several days in the freezer.
I use this snack as a pre workout boost because it’s full of protein, complex and non-complex carbohydrates and plenty of other nutrients. This will keep me fuelled up and on form for at least an hour of heavy cardio and weight lifting. They can also be used as a post workout snack, as the flax, hemp and quinoa contain all 9 essential amino acids and therefore will help with muscle repair and recovery.